Conditions and procedures for registration and study in Knowledge International University
 
The following conditions are stipulated for a new student who wants to study for a Bachelor’s degree with the university:
  • The student must possess a general secondary school certificate or its equivalent from a government or local organization. The relevant authorities must evaluate the certificate.
  • The student must pass an entrance examination if he is asked to write it.
  • Saudis and expatriates residing in KSA are not eligible to apply for study at KIU


Procedures for acceptance:
  • The student must read the conditions for acceptance, registration, guidelines of studying at the university, the regulations that are followed and agree to them.
  • Filling the admission form electronically, and attaching the required documents.
  • Payment of a non-returnable admission fee of fifty dollars.


Procedures for registration and study:
  • The student undertakes to electronically register for all the courses for the first level.
  • The student undertakes to collect his course schedule in the first week of the semester, and add or drop courses, if he so wishes, in this week only.
  • The student undertakes to follow the university’s regulations in the postponement of studies, excusing himself, re-registration, withdrawal from courses and total withdrawal from the university.
  • The minimum number of hours that a student can register for in a semester in 6, while the maximum is 21 hours. A student who is legible for graduation may register for more than 21 hours provided he gets permission from the university.
  • The student is obliged to attend not less than 75% of the direct lessons (interactive) [live sessions]. If he is absent for more than 25% of the lessons without an acceptable excuse he will be prohibited from taking the final exam in the course. If he is absent for more than 50% of the lessons of any course, his excuse will not be accepted at all.
  • The student undertakes to pay 25% of the tuition fees during the first three weeks of the semester, and to pay the remaining 75% two months after the commencement of studies, if he is not the holder of a scholarship.
  • The student must read the regulations for student assessment, and testing in the university, consent to them, and adhere by their procedures.
  • The student must read the regulations which are used in the university for identifying examination centers, how the exams are taken, consent to them, and adhere to them.
  • The student has the right to change his course schedule in accordance with the system mentioned above.
  • The student has the right to be reimbursed for the tuition fees which he paid if he did not attend the interactive lessons (live sessions) in the university provided that he sends a request for reimbursement to the university’s finance department during the semester in which he paid the fees.


The university’s responsibilities:
  • The university is not responsible for employing the students who graduate from it, nor their acceptance for postgraduate studies in other universities.
  • The university is not responsible for the interruption or slowness of the student’s internet during the lessons that are held by the university, or some exams which are taken online in some courses.
  • The student undertakes not to alter, sell, or engage in any similar activities in the contents of the lessons that are presented by the university.